Health Access For All
We pay for blood, oxygen and medicines for the poorest amongst us in care centers who can't afford for these supplies to stay alive
- Who are we?
- Our Philosophy
- What We Do
- How You Can Help
Who Are We?
Every year, thousands of Nigerians die in hospitals because essential medical products such as blood, oxygen and medicines could not be found on time and in the right condition. Available evidence estimates that the limited availability of blood in Nigeria is linked to the deaths of 26,000 birthing women, 17,500 children, 50,000 sickle cell patients, and 17,000 accident victims annually.
At Lifebank, we are committed to ensuring our services reach the most vulnerable people, and through our years of operation, we have offered assistance to low-income patients who cannot afford to pay for blood at the point of care
After formalizing our philanthropic efforts in 2018 by creating small funds to provide units of blood for free to patients who need them the most, we understand the solution needed and offficially launched Blood and Oxygen Access Trust (BOAT), a 100 million naira fund to bring long-term relief and democratize access to blood and oxygen for low-income Nigerians
- We believe that doctors and healthcare workers are critical stakeholders in the implementation of healthcare social impact projects.
- We believe that private capital can be harnessed for social and public good.
- We believe that radical transparency is a key ingredient in building trust and ensuring the longevity of social impact projects.
- For this project to have a significant impact, It requires YOUR support.
What We Do
BOAT pays for critical health supplies (blood, oxygen, medicines) for people who cannot afford it by gathering donations from private companies in a trust. The trust is on a platform that provides radical transparency of how money is spent and tells the story of the patients BOAT helps.
How You Can Help?
- Everyone: from health workers to the general public, has a role to play in making BOAT a success
- Encourage your company, religious congregation or organization to donate toward BOAT and host a popup blood drive
- Share this campaign on Social Media, and with your friends and family
- Tell people who may benefit from this fund about this campaign
- Encourage health workers and doctors you know, to nominate possible beneficiaries